The Medicare Annual Enrollment begins October 15th and ends on December 7th. The Annual Enrollment Period is an opportunity for people who are enrolled in Medicare to review and make changes to their current Medicare coverage. Now is the time to go through the AEP checklist to ensure you’re ready for the busiest time of year! Let’s review what your clients can do during the Annual Enrollment Period.
What can your clients do during AEP?
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan (or vice versa)
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another Medicare Advantage plan
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage plan that doesn’t have drug coverage to one that does offer drug coverage (or vice versa)
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP)
- Switch from one Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) to another PDP
- Drop Medicare Prescription Drug coverage completely
Trusted American Insurance Agency wants to support your success, so we compiled a few things you can do today to be ready to sell in October.
- Have a Compliance Game Plan. Several new compliance changes will be going into effect on October 1st as we begin marketing and selling health and drug plans for 2023. Ensure you have a full understanding of the new compliance rules, including the new disclaimer “We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.”
- Order Insurance Supplies for Selling Medicare. Once you have passed AHIP and completed your carrier certification, a carrier will deem you “ready-to-sell.” You can verify your status with the carrier if you are unsure. If you need an agent writing number, you can also get that from the carrier as well.
- Gather Helpful Carrier Information. Brush up on their online tools, phone numbers for support, and the submission processes you’ll have to follow. Additionally, please check out all the available First Looks from carriers you’re contracted with as soon as they become available on A3.
- Review your customer list and plan for renewals. Log in to A3 and pull a report of your current book of business to plan for renewals.
- Pay special attention to any life changes that may change your customer’s needs. A move, change in marital status, income status, a diagnosis of a chronic health condition, medications changed.
- Plan for lead generation by updating prospect lists, developing advertising, and direct marketing programs. Familiarize yourself with the A3 portal for marketing collaterals like flyers, mailers, and signage. You can learn how to use the site and determine the types of materials that will best align with your marketing strategies for AEP.
While you’re preparing for AEP 2022, your clients will be receiving their Annual Notice of Change (ANOC) letter. Now is a great time for your clients to reconsider and evaluate the needs they might have in the upcoming year.
There are many scenarios that can play out during AEP and it’s in your best interest to review your clients’ policies with them to ensure they have appropriate coverage for the coming year.
Make sure you’re ready to go and have everything you need to make this your most successful AEP yet.
Trusted American Insurance Agency here to help you succeed and are always available to assist you with your AEP strategy.