Applying for Medicare Part A & Part B Online
Signing up for Medicare Part A & Part B online is the fastest way to sign up.
You will need to create or sign in to an existing My Social Security account to sign up for Medicare electronically.
Please refer to the Checklist for Online Medicare, Retirement, & Spouses Applications to make sure you have all the information required to complete the online Medicare application.
Depending on your situation, the application process may take between 10 to 30 minutes to complete.
You can save your application as you go and come back to it later.
A representative may contact you with updates regarding your application once submitted.
You may also check the status of your application by signing onto your My Social Security account.
Applying for Part B (ONLY) Online
Signing up for Part B can be done electronically by visiting Apply Online for Medicare Part B During a Special Enrollment Period (ssa.gov).
State the requested effective date for Part B coverage in the remarks section of the CMS-40B online form.
In addition, you will need to upload verifying documentation of your Group Health Plan to the online application.
Acceptable documentation includes:
- Letter from your coverage provider (employer) signifying coverage
- Income tax returns that show health insurance premiums paid
- W-2s reflecting pre-tax medical contributions
- Pay stubs that reflect health insurance premium deductions
- Health insurance cards with policy effective dare
- Explanations of benefits paid by the Group Health Plan with statements that reflect payment of health insurance premium
You will need to provide an email address to confirm your digital signature after finalizing your online application. Your signature is not complete, and your application will be pending until you complete the instructions sent by email@example.com